Sunday, November 3, 2013

Meanwhile...

I signed up awhile ago (a year or two?) for the National Black Catholic Congress newsletter.
The list of "Upcoming Events" includes the following (more info here):

- Annual Black Saints Celebrations: "Come Walk with me against Violence, Murder and Racism"
- "Where Justice and Mercy Meet: Catholic Opposition to the Death Penalty"
- Pastoring in Black Parishes, a series of Clergy Enrichment Conferences
- Bishop James Augustine Healy 20th Anniversary Award Dinner
- Celebrating National Black Catholic History Month

1 comment:

  1. It is so strange to me that only 100 years ago it was impossible for black men to be ordained in this country. I suppose that is a wonderful thing because I am so innocent that it seems strange, and a terrible thing because I am so disconnected from the suffering of black Catholics that I have to fight to comprehend reality.

    ReplyDelete